Sunday, November 04, 2007

When I started to date you, I lost my identity.
I started to become what I thought you wanted, an ideal of my perception.
I wanted to be....
the girl you flirted with at the bar.
I tried to be....
the health fanatic.
the perfect physique.
the girl that was okay with seeing you when only you wanted.
the girl that understood why your son and I hadn't got to know each other better when you said you loved me and we had dated for approx a year
I wanted to be...
the girl that really knew you
the girl that you really knew

I wasn't
I tried to be
but I wasn't
Why?

Why did I try?

Why did I try and worse,
want
to be something I'm not?

I've never been like that.

Why then?

2 comments:

Azathoth100 said...

Thats the problem with so many relationships, people get into them and then think they either need to change the person thier with or change themselves in order to make the relationship work. Yes there needs to be compromise, but that doesn't mean you should ever stop being yourself. If it works then it's because you are the person they fell in love with and they are the person you fell in love with and to change who either of you are may mean becoming someone the other doesn't love at all. Stay true, Stay strong, Stay you...

Lisa said...

Thanks soo much Az!