Friday, July 28, 2006

Okay, so they say it's your Birthday. Right?

That's all I could think of saying to represent what I am feeling. Not that I'm a Birthday freak or anything. I never want to celebrate, or call attention to the fact that it's my birthday. I've just never thought it was a big deal. Most of my friends think it's the greatest thing ever, but I just consider it to be another day. Anyway.......
I'm sitting here at my puter @ 2:30 am wondering why it didn't feel more special, and then in turn contemplating why I felt it should of been. I had a pretty atypical birthday day so to speak. I worked for an hour and a half, then I drove 30 minutes to the Mazda dealership to have them do the 30,000.00 mile service (because they said it should be done) & had them check the brakes for the trip. NO courtesy car (yes, I made an appt, but whatever) so I walked about a mile in the heat to the Super Walmart. Sat at Blimpe (because it was the only food for miles) and read the latest edition of Poeple. I remarked to myself about how I wasn't more upset or frustrated and that it felt good to just sit because you had too and relax because you had the time to do it. Hung out in Walmart, bought toothpaste, lip gloss and a cool shirt. Heading back down the road in the heat to find out that I needed brakes and it would be another 250.00. Nice, I said. How long before they go? By the next oil change. Double cool. Will make appt in the next week, wanted to puke on the floor because stomach so upset because of the money. No money, got to get back to Kansas okay... yuck. Stomach upset. Anyway, leave there and head to house to shower and get ready to go out. Post boobie shot on blog, YIPPY!, and then head out to the bar. Friends already feeling no pain. A new friend (met through other friend) is a great gal, but she's very loud and very vocal. So, the evening consisted of her entertaining everyone at the bar. Not because she does flips and tricks, but because she was so loud and has this Boston accent that screams "pay attention to me". Have you ever had a friend that you hang out with that is just exhausting to be around? That was her. Anyway, as I sat at the corner of the bar staring off into space, Thomas walked in. He's the boy that I just recently wrote about that had baggage and we had that wierd alchohol fused chemistry with? Anyway, he was nice and we just hung out for a bit. Then my horn dog of a friend said she'd take my place. She's crazy! She was serious. Thomas didn't know what to say, it was a hoot. Anyway, so I'm back at home feeling a little jinky reflecting on the day and thinking to myself, "hey wasn't to day supposed to be wonderful?" But, then I felt selfish because hey, I got shit done that needed to get done & my friends had a great time. And, quite possibly I made a match between two friends. LOL.

19 comments:

The Lone Rangers said...

I'm not big on celebrating my birthday either really. To me it's another day. I do enjoy having parties for friends or significant others but on mine I'd rather maybe have coffee and cake (thats the limit) with family and friends.

Don't know why, but it just hasn't been that important to me since say maybe when I turned 21...

Wish I knew you were up so late, lol I was up until 3:30 just flipping through stations...lol

mgc said...

birthdays are overrated i think. i turned 40 last yr and went on a cruise to avoid the "over the hill" party. it was quiet and relaxing, just as a birthday should be.

i try myhardest to not have a birthday. it is just another day. besides mine is only 2 days before christmas!... better to look forward to arbor day.

Azathoth100 said...

I spent years not telling anyone when my B-day was. Just didn't see the point of celebrating it, and it made it easier if no one knew when it was cause then I didn't need to wonder when no one calls right?
But as I get older I find that there is something about a B-day. It's a mark that we made it through another year of this life, and that is a true accomplishment. So be glad it's your B-day, and know that all of us here in Blogland are toasting you tonight. Ok, well I can't speak for everyone, but I'm raising my shot of wiskey to you, and thats gotta count for something right?

Lisa said...

I'm up that late again Ranger. Where are you? LOL

My 30th, I went to Mexico. It was wonderful. I wish I could of done it again this year. Someone told me tonight, that when they turned 35, it was the best b-day ever for them. I'm hoping.

Hey Az, it does. Thanks. I'm a bourbon drinker, so I can appreciate a whisky toast. Thank you so much! Because I did make it through another year and I've come out alive & I've learned so much, and experienced so much. You can't get that feeling anywhere. The accomplishment of another year spent living life no matter what it brings.

The Lone Rangers said...

Dang woman why didn't you email me?? I coulda rocked you to sleep! ;)

As long as you see each year as a learning experience, good or bad you'll be fine...I'll be forty in two years and could honetly care less UNLESS I don't skydive and learn scuba before then. I'll be pissed at myself becaue those are the last of some things I wanted to get done before 40..

Anonymous said...

I think your special. I hope you can work the timer!

Lisa said...

why do you all treat me like I'm a young kid?

mgc said...

old bitch!

The Lone Rangers said...

Who's treating you like a kid??? Hush now, c'mere I got some candy for ya ;)

Cherlee's said...

I know how you feel. But once I turned 40 I realize I have to make it fun cause I thought my life was over! lol So on my 40th I decided to do something for myself I truly wouldn't do otherwise. I got my nose pierced. Ouch factor big time!! But I always wanted it done. Then on my 41 I got a second tattoo. Told myself the first time I wouldn't do it again. I've decide that I have to make it all about me since it's my day! I can't stop the aging factor but I sure can make it fun! Also the added bonus was the shock factor of my friends and family. I really get a kick out of that! So 42 is in Nov not sure what I'm going to but it won't be as painful! lmao Anyways Happy Belated Birthday!
Cherlee

Tumbleweed said...

Birthdays suck! Get over it. You should have waited to get here for your brakes. Cheap labor!

BTW, Ranger was mine first....so you get sloppy seconds lady!!

Scumbag said...

blah blah blah.........

Lisa said...

damn it, I hate sloppy seconds. Hmmm, but he has candy, I might like it. I do like lollipops.

mgc said...

are you gunna splain your crying and sniveling about how WE treat you little girl????

maybe you should be spanked!

The Lone Rangers said...

Still recovering??

Anonymous said...

I think me knows how you like to be treated!

kitty kat said...

I try to avoid my birthday.

Seriously, the week that culminates in my birthday is usually the worst week of my life, at least until the next year comes around.

I also hate when people I barely know or am aquainted with go absolutely insane on the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" front, which makes me feel like a bitch.

There's never a happy medium, huh?

AWE said...

Mine is coming up real soon and my friends are wanting to go out and party. I would just rather forget about it, but I do end up with free drinks.

The Lone Rangers said...

Where the hell did you dissappear to?