Sunday, June 25, 2006

Another day at work...........



What a great Sunday!

I wake up to a cloudy sky and a cloudy head, as you already know.
Then it starts to rain like crazy. Not good for the bride and groom that are getting married at noon on the deck. Definatly not good for me, since the mother of the bride thinks I'm god and can make the rain stop.


Then, the roof starts to leak. LOL, yep... no shit.


So, I called the AC boys and told them to come after 3 to check it out. Then I spent the duration of the wedding reception emptying bus tubs full of water that I had propped up underneath the AC unit in the attic. I carried a total of 15 gallons down those fricken stairs. Fun! I had to rigg it up, so that the water wouldn't just drain on the floor of the attic which of course would cause the ceiling to cave in on the the mother of the bride's table conviently located very close to the leaking part of the ceiling.


Then the sky broke.


Then the leak stopped, and slowly but surely the ceiling started to dry out. That's when I finally was able to take some pictures of it. Next, the sun came out. Yippy!

Now, party is over. They are happy and I'm off to the house for a cocktail and a nice bath. The headache I woke up with is still here, and I'm hoping a little hair of the dog with make it go away.

Ruff! Ruff!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

We shall see. Last night I had everything. I bet that's why I felt so shitty today.

mgc said...

great pics! (except for the ceiling)

Lisa said...

Yeah, the ceiling sucked. But I had to show that, it was such a big part of my day. I have sooo many pictures of the clouds that day. I wish I could of posted all of them. Does Blogger have an amount set that limits your picture posting?

The Lone Rangers said...

Great storm pics Lisa! Love the 80's HS pics too.. Are you in for the yearbook pic challenge I posted?

Lisa said...

Ranger - I would be, but I only have one more picture to post. I don't have a single yearbook. But, I'm sure I could find a few cheesy pictures from my wonderful highschool years. Let me know!

Tumbleweed said...

Too funny. As a wedding photographer, I understand what you mean by the fact that they are pissed when you can't control the weather. Mother's of the brides drive me nuts!! Good thing you finally made the rain go away.

Azathoth100 said...

So you were able to make the rain stop, which means you are god after all. Not bad. Do you take requests?