Thursday, June 01, 2006

Geek in High School

I am such a dork. I ran into my neighbor at Barnes & Noble this afternoon. It was so weird. I lost all composure. He's hot. He's also single, or at least let's say he's not married. I've had several fantasies about having sex with him. I would safely say that after this afternoon and my reaction to a casual "run-in-to" I have developed a tiny bit of a crush on him. I saw it was him, panicked, wondered if he noticed me. Of course he did we were standing right beside each other!!! Hello! Then it all became a blur. He moved to the other side of me, because I was stuck to the floor checking out the two CD's I had special ordered, not reading the back sides mind you, more like staring a hole through them pretending to read them and slowly getting flushed and flustered. Yes, full on chest and check flush. Nice, huh. Kinda hard to hide that reaction huh? I moved out of the way finally, and said hi. He said hi. Meanwhile his two little girls had shown up beside him and were asking who I was. LOL. I know kids can read people, so I'm sure they were going "um Dad, who's that freaky girl all red and staring at those CD's in her hand over and over?" LOL. He leaned over and asked me what I was getting, and I said Rascal Flatts! What! Where the hell did that come from. So I said, I mean Little Big Town, which was the correct answer. Then continued to stare at the CD's with my head bowed until he left. Come on, how much can you read on the back of a CD? Tell you the truth, I couldn't even tell you the names of the songs by the end of the "episode". I usually have some much more control. What is going on? I can't believe what happened. The funny thing is, that I can tell there is sexual tension between us. Reminds me of the last male neighbor I had. Well, actually we will make that another time. Got to get to work to watch all the drunk old people dance the shag and make out in front of me while I'm making their drinks. Another fun exciting day in SC.

2 comments:

Tumbleweed said...

Good story! I think it must be the sexual tension that makes us go all dumb. Same thing just happened to me the other day. I would have loved to just say...."damn your hot take me home"....instead it came out as "hey".

Tumbleweed said...

You better comment when you come to my blog....don't make me come over there and kick sand at you!

BTW, you were not a geek in High School....freak maybe! lol