Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Crown, Sun & Gary Allan

As I sit down to write this little diddy, I have a nagging urge to grab a cigarette and a bottle of luscious Merlot, cross my legs, sit back and just bask in the glow of life. Chances in life to be more specific. But, then I reach for my coffee and get to typing. After all, it is only 8am and I've got to hurry so I can get to the gym before work. I'm a firm believer in wine only after 9:30am, and I don't even smoke.
So let me tell you about the day that made my year..............

It's 3pm on Sunday afternoon. We had just traveled 5 hours (which felt like 10) to Tallahassee, FL to see my favorite country singer Gary Allan perform the opening act for rascal Flatts. Yes, I know, it's country. I can't help it, I'm from the Mid-west. I like a little bit of everything. Anyway..... It's so fricken hot. There is a tour bus outside the hotel. My friend says, "I bet that's him". Whatever, you freak. I think you need a drink to clear your head. As she's changing into her swim suit in the bathroom, I look out our window. There about 7 floors down is the pool. I yell, "Hurry up. There's a bunch of hotties at the pool". "That tour bus must be for another band. I don't see my boyfriend out there". I giggle. "Come on damn it, I want a shot and some sun". Finally we get to the bar. Why is it when your so anxious for something, it takes FOREVER for something as basic as a Tequila shot and a shot of Crown. Anyway, 3:30pm, finally at pool after 3 hours at the bar and two fruit flies later, and one free shot of crown. The sun feels so good. A Couple hours in the sun, a few beers and then head to the concert. Yippy! As we are laying there, I decide to check out the boys at the other side of the pool. "Damn, those boys are cute!", I say to myself. Who cares, I just want to ...... Holy shit!!!!!!!..... It's him. OH MY GOD! I can't believe it. "Give me a cigarette." "What?" "It's him, it's him!" "Seriously?" "Yep, I can tell by the tattoos on his hand and arm." I smoke my cigarette with a shaking hand, contemplating if I should say anything or not, or just what the hell to do. "excuse me? My name is Mike. What is your name?" I look up and a smiling face is looking down at me. I tell him. "It's nice to meet you two. Our fiddler player is dying for a cigarette, can I bum one for him" "They aren't mine, they are hers. What band are you with?" "Gary Allan" Mike says. "Really, we just drove 5 hours from Hilton Head, SC to see him. What time do you go on?" Then he made some weird comment about how the Wreckers are really good. Which, I still don't know where that came from. Grabbing the cigarette my friend was offering, he said they started at 8:30 and said thanks, said our names again and said nice to meet you. After he left, I grabbed another cigarette. Still smoking with a shaking hand, I decided that I wasn't going to go over there and make a fool out of myself. It was enough for me to see him in "real life", and watch him hanging out with his friends. It's not like I stared or anything, but... I did sneak peeks every now and then. After they left the pool, I laid there in the warmth of the crown and sun, I thought how cool is it that something like that happened. It was perfect. My friend gave me a really hard time because I didn't go over there and say anything. Or try to get better tickets (we had nose bleed seats), and looking back in retrospect, I should of just asked the Mike guy if when they left the pool if he could at least introduce him to me or something. That I wouldn't bother him while he was playing with the boys, but if I could at least meet him. But, honestly.... I'm perfectly happy with how it all went down. I'm not that girl that would bother someone famous. I would respect their space. I mean, come one.... They get people going up to them all the time asking for shit or trying to get laid or whatever. I just consider myself extremely lucky to be one of two people besides them hanging out at the pool enjoying the sun, having drinks and relaxing.
Except, they were drinking fruity drinks? Yuck!
Oh yeah, after a few inquires later on at the bar... They were on 15 and we were on 11, and they stay there every time they come to town.
Anyway kids................. What a wonderful way life throws chances out at you.
Shit, I've got to get to the gym.

12 comments:

Tumbleweed said...

That sounds like a great time!!
What happened to the bartender in ya? You should have sent him one of his girlie drinks with a "have a great concert....I will be there" from the hot girl in the suit by the pool. Damn girl....you so need me!!

Scumbag said...

okay, here's another thing you're gonna learn about me, i don't like reading too much. keep it short and simple or i will start calling you suckwhore.

Tumbleweed said...

scum is so classy! You will grow to love him!

Tumbleweed said...

or hate him....I guess that's an option too!

AWE said...

Chicken! You should have approached him.

Is he the one that sings that song "Best I ever had"?

Lisa said...

I know I'm a chicken shit!

Scum- start saying it. Suckwhore. I bet your lips look great saying it. S u c k w h o r e
Hmmmm.........

Awe - yes. Who is the original artist though? I know it's not him. For the life of me I can't think of who it is.

Tumbleweed said...

Thanks for the roses babe! I love you!!

Tumbleweed said...

As soon as I get organized enough, I am going to talk about you on my blog. Probably Friday....that's a big blogging day. So, if I post pictures of you, do I need to put beards and stuff on you so people can't tell exactly who you are? You know....since you're famous and all. he he

Scumbag said...

this suckwhore doesn't need an intro.

suckwhore.

yeah i realize this is the same post, but it's still too long and i still don't wanna read it.

Lisa said...

Oh Weed... I want a goatee and side burns! how fun!

Scum - you make me smile from ear to ear. give me a couple of days. I promise I'll make it short for you.

Wait. Weed? What pictures are you posting? I'm scared. I promise I'll get some more up-to-date ones.

Tumbleweed said...

BOOO! New post!!

AWE said...

Best I ever had (Grey Sky Morning) is by Vertical Horizon.