Monday, June 12, 2006

Subjects avoided

I don't have the mental strength tonight to go where I wanted to go on my To Do list. But, just a thought to caress...

Do you think people who read books walk around through their day shifting in and out of different realities?
If a book is good, don't you enter it as a participant?

I know personally, when I'm reading an intriguing book, I enter that world frequently during the day.

It can be an escape, a thought provider, an answer to a question, a release or even (if need be) a conversation piece.

I recently started to read again. Now, working three jobs has made it quite challenging to read what I would of completed in three days, in a couple of months.
But,
the other day I had the wonderful sensation while looking around at all the issues going on around me, of retreating back to a chapter in my book that I'm reading and pondering where the author was going in it.
That thought made me smile and reassured me that all the "issues" I had to deal with weren't
consuming my soul.

It comforted me.
It made me smile with
a secret knowledge
that I haven't been consumed by work.
Well, not quite yet.

9 comments:

mgc said...

then by all means read on...

never let life ie; work, bills, stress and things of this nature consume you. these things should only be given your energy as a way to enjoy all the rest of life.

if that doesn't work, fuck it, live in a refer box behind the dry cleaners and eat left-overs from behind any Morton's steakhouse. also, did you know that most hotels that have any kind of convention or meeting rooms, has very clean restrooms in their lobby? just in case, you know.

The Lone Rangers said...

If the book is good, you can slip into it during the day...if its REALLY good, you'll refer to it through out your life..

there are only a few really good ones tho..

Scumbag said...

what? no nudity!?! this is not good suckwhore.

Lisa said...

next time I'll give you my ass Sum.

Tumbleweed said...

Playgirl is not a book and masturbating while remembering hot dick is not shifting realities. You are so confused! tee-hee

Lisa said...

LOL.... omg, that explains everything!

Azathoth100 said...

Reading is a great way to escape reality. Inbetween the pages of a good book you can for a little while have your mind let go of the worries and concerns of daily life. If it wern't for books and music I'd have lost it long ago.
Glad you stoped by my blog and said hi.

Oh, and Lone Rangers, there's many good ones, it just depends where you look.

The Lone Rangers said...

Yes Az...lol true

Tumbleweed said...

Need a new post!!!